Telehealth Virtual-Rehabilitation appointments allow you to connect with your clinician in live-format using your computer, tablet, or smart phone.
A virtual-rehabilitation appointment(aka) Telehealth – is a great option when your unable to make it to the clinic for a hands-on session. Telehealth allows the patient to still have a productive and meaningful 1-on-1 session with your physiotherapist or chiropractor without having to leaving your home or workplace.
From March 18 – 31st, Advanced Health + Sports Clinic, will not be offering in-person/hands on treatment to ensure patient and practitioner safety and to adhere to the Canadian Health Authorities recommendations for social distancing and to follow recommendations provided by our respective professional colleges.
In this interim period, we will be transitioning operations to offer services online via video conferencing. Maintaining continuity of care for our patients is paramount to us and by transitioning to services online, you will still have access to care and consultation from most disciplines including: physiotherapy and chiropractic care.
While we won’t be able to offer the hands-on skills such as manual therapy and dry-needling we often use, we can still provide many valuable tools including but not limited to:
- Assessment and diagnosis of your injury
- Education + self management techniques on how to best manage your ailments
- Exercise instruction and prescription
- Identify aggravating and easing factors
- Referral for imaging or other healthcare providers when needed
- Equipment recommendations such as sport-braces, orthotics, crutches, taping technique’s etc.
Conditions that may benefit from virtual physiotherapy include:
- Pre and Post Surgical Care of all Orthopedic Conditions (hip, shoulder, knee, foot, ankle, etc.)
- Balance/Vertigo Rehabilitation
- Postural Training
- Arthritis Management
- Back/Neck Rehabilitation
- Concussion Management
- Nerve Pain Management
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Joint Pain Management
- Headache Management
- Muscle and Ligament Strains and Sprains
How will Virtual-Care/Telehealth work?
1. Schedule your appointment
Book online, phone 250-585-8553, or email email@example.com. Your credit card information will be collected at the time of the appointment, but you will not be charged until after your appointment.
2. Fill out the intake and consent forms (required forms will be emailed to you upon booking)
3. At your virtual appointment time, you will receive an e-mail invitation to Physitrack, all one has to do is press on the highlighted link and accept the prompt for the video call (very similar to Skype). We assure all our patients that Physitrack is HIPPA compliant and offers encrypted Telehealth/Video Calling to ensure your confidentiality.
*Tips to maximize your experience:
- Have adequate space to move around but still be visible for your devices camera
- Set up your device so you are hands free as possible, to permit easier movement during the appointment
- Headphones and a microphone can improve quality – but are not typically required
- We advise you to please log in few minutes prior your scheduled appointment so you’re ready. Your physiotherapist will then send you an invitation to join the video call.
What you need:
- A computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera, speakers and mic
- An internet connection
- View the complete system requirements for Physitrack here
Does my insurance cover Telehealth Rehabilitation services?
Currently for physiotherapy: Canada Life (Great West Life), Sunlife, Manulife, and Medavie Blue Cross cover part, or all, of the cost of Telehealth appointments. The specific amount of coverage you are entitled to can be found in your benefits package. We advise all patients to check with your insurance provider directly, as the list is quickly expanding since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Can you bill my insurance provider directly?
YES! We direct bill to Canada Life/Great West Life, Manulife ,Sunlife, and Medavie Blue Cross.