Telehealth Virtual-Rehabilitation appointments allow you to connect with your clinician in live-format using your computer, tablet, or smart phone.
A virtual-rehabilitation appointment also known as Telehealth – is a great option when your unable to make it to the clinic for a hands-on session. Telehealth allows the patient to still have a productive and meaningful 1-on-1 session with their physiotherapist or chiropractor without having to leave their home or workplace.
During a Telehealth visit, your therapist can still provide many valuable tools including but not limited to:
- Assessment and diagnosis of your injury
- Education and self management techniques on how to best manage your ailments
- Identify aggravating and easing factors
- Exercise prescription and instruction
- Referral for imaging or other healthcare providers when needed
- Equipment recommendations such as sport-braces, orthotics, crutches, taping technique’s, etc.
Conditions that may benefit from virtual physiotherapy include:
- Pre and Post Surgical Care of all Orthopedic Conditions (hip, shoulder, knee, foot, ankle, etc.)
- Balance/Vertigo Rehabilitation
- Postural Training
- Arthritis Management
- Back/Neck Rehabilitation
- Concussion Management
- Nerve Pain Management
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Joint Pain Management
- Headache Management
- Muscle and Ligament Strains and Sprains
Frequently Asked Questions
How will Virtual-Care/Telehealth work?
1. Schedule your appointment
Book online, phone 250-585-8553, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your credit card information will be collected at the time of the appointment, but you will not be charged until after your appointment.
2. Fill out the intake and consent forms (required forms will be emailed to you upon booking)
3. Prior to your virtual appointment time, you will be sent an e-mail. One hour before you appointment a button “Begin your online appointment” will appear. At the time of your appointment click on “Begin your online appointment”. We assure all our patients that JaneApp is HIPPA compliant and offers encrypted Telehealth/Video Calling to ensure your confidentiality.
What should I do to prepare for my Telehealth appointmemt:
- Have adequate space to move around but still be visible for your devices camera
- Set up your device so you are hands free as possible, to permit easier movement during the appointment
- Headphones and a microphone can improve quality – but are not typically required
- We advise you to please log in few minutes prior your scheduled appointment so you’re ready. Your physiotherapist will then send you an invitation to join the video call.
What do I need:
- A computer or tablet with a camera, speakers and microphone
- An internet connection
- NOTE: In order for the video component to work, you have to be using GOOGLE CHROME as your web browser. Please make sure to download it prior to your appointment.
- NOTE: Telehealth does NOT work on cell phones
Does my insurance cover Telehealth Rehabilitation services?
Currently for physiotherapy: Canada Life (Great West Life), Sunlife, Manulife, and Medavie Blue Cross cover part, or all, of the cost of Telehealth appointments. The specific amount of coverage you are entitled to can be found in your benefits package. We advise all patients to check with your insurance provider directly, as the list is quickly expanding since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Can you bill my insurance provider directly?
YES! We direct bill to Canada Life/Great West Life, Manulife ,Sunlife, and Medavie Blue Cross.